like Sweden and Finland mark namedays.
Today they celebrate Anna!
We're always happy to celebrate our
This set of chapter books by Atinuke makes a delightful gift
for a child, a family, or a teacher
as well as an ideal library
or charity donation.
a sampling of the praise for anna hibiscus!
- “… near to dripping with charm and warmth and child appeal …” – Julie Danielson, Kirkus Reviews
- “… Atinuke continually reminds readers that Anna Hibiscus’s experiences are common to children across the world. …” – Africa Access Review
- “… reinforce the message of being grateful for what you already have.” – A Fuse 8 Production
- “Beautifully written and wonderfully simple and straight forward, these books are something very special. Highly recommended …” – Kids Lit
- “Refreshing and appealing, filled with honesty, humor, charm and warmth …” – Biblio Reads
- “There’s so much to love about this book. I love the strong sense of family …” – Bookmarkable
- “Each chapter is a gem—autonomous—just enough for a bedtime read.” – Growing Up Santa Cruz
- “Four stories are told with such insight into the universal hearts and minds of children and the messages are warm, wise and reassuring us that the world is truly a wonderful place to be. Heartwarming and not to be missed.” – A Book and a Hug
- “Enlightening but most of all entertaining, these books are a treat for newly independent readers, as well as children lucky enough to hear them read aloud.” – Cooperative Children's Book Center Choices