teacher/librarian, parent or student
you can start a book club!
Not only do book clubs
encourage reading, but it’s fun to
share what you’re reading with friends!
- Where to meet depends on what time your group can meet and for how long: school library or classroom, the public library, community recreation center, a coffee shop or even the park!
- If you’re a parent/teacher or a student running a club for younger children, you’ll want to read the books before offering them to the group to be sure of age-appropriateness.
- Establish some basic rules with the group such as listening when others speak, respecting others' opinions and offering comments supported by reason and evidence.
- Find or create questions to discuss
- Act out key events from the book
- Discuss the characters
- Learn about the author
- Write reviews for the school, library or local newspaper